REVIVE MUESLI (GRANOLA)
I usually have 5 grains for breakfast, however I sometimes like something else. So one day I pulled out an old Revive muesli recipe (when we used to serve breakfasts) and made this up. Some muesli recipes insist you cook for two hours – however this one is done in 20 minutes and tastes great. You will also save a lot as this is cheaper than store bought muesli.
MAKES 4 CUPS
• 1 cup rolled oats whole
• 1 cup rolled oats fine
• ½ cup shredded coconut
• 3 Tbsp Sesame seeds
• 3 Tbsp Sliced almonds
• 3 Tbsp Cashew nut pieces
• 3 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
• 4 Tbsp liquid honey or date puree
• 4 Tbsp oil
• ¼ cup sultanas
Optional: ½ cup other dried fruit of your choice
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (except fruit).
2. Separately mix honey and oil well. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Place muesli on a large baking tray.
4. Bake at 150°C (300°F) for 20 minutes or until golden. Stir the mixture half way through so it cooks evenly.
5. Let it cool on the bench and then add sultanas or other dried fruit.
You can add any other fruits and nuts – this recipe is very flexible.
This will store in an airtight container in your pantry for several months.
I use a mixture of finely cut oats and whole oats for a more interesting texture. However you can use either if you do not have both.
Recipes available from Revive Café Cookbooks. Buy it here
© Revive 2012.